Call out for Helpers & Volunteers
With the ever growing success of our group and our games library, we are looking for more helpers to keep our games days running smoothly.
We’ve also been getting a lot of requests for Dungeons & Dragons events/sessions, Magic the Gathering and Pokemon TCG events. It’s a big undertaking for only a few volunteers to do in their own spare time, so if you’re interested in helping out in any way to make our games days the best they can be, please read on
General volunteers will help in being the friendly faces of the events, and will be the go-to people when attendees need assistance.
We’re looking for vibrant and personable people available to assist in the following areas:
- Being able to arrive before event time to assist setting up.
- Greeting attendees as they enter.
- Helping attendees learn how to play games (training provided).
- Recommending games to attendees.
- Helping attendees find open spots in games/introducing attendees to other attendees.
- Serving attendees at the snacks/drinks counter – no cash handling experience required.
- Staying after event time to assist packing up.
Your application will be favoured if you’re able to provide the following:
- Provide a valid Working With Children’s Check (applicable only for applicants aged 18 and older), or willing to get one (it’s free to apply as a volunteer).
- Valid First Aid Training certificate (preferred but not required).
If you’re interested in becoming a volunteer, or would like additional information, please email Justin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dungeon Masters (Dungeons & Dragons)
We’ve been getting a lot of requests from attendees for games/sessions of Dungeons & Dragons.
Dungeon Masters should be able to:
- Be knowledgeable in Fifth Edition Dungeons & Dragons
- Be able to run introductory sessions for first-time adventurers.
- Be able to provide short or long-form sessions/campaigns for attendees.
- Provide necessary source rulebooks, materials and equipment (such as dice and miniatures) necessary for play.
Games in the Maine can assist Dungeon Masters in the following areas:
- Providing a dedicated play space appropriate for play.
- By request we can accommodate a quiet room for any atmospheric play space.
- Additional source rulebooks, dice, and other equipment can be acquired by negotiation.
- Continued and consistent support for Dungeons & Dragons at Games in the Maine events may result in promotional assets from Wizards of the Coast and other Dungeons & Dragons affiliated companies.
If you’re interested in being a volunteer Dungeon Master, and any further information please email Justin at email@example.com
If you’d still like to help out but are unable to attend the monthly game events, we are looking for people to join our street team.
One of the biggest hurdles we have is getting the word out about the group. Working in the “games shop” (Castlemaine Office Supplies) is good for Justin because he can promote the group as people take interest in the games, but promoting the group to people that don’t come in to the shop is very hard, and having the time to promote the events during business hours is very limited.
If you’d like to help become part of the street team, we’re looking for people to help with:
- Promoting the group on social media
- Join the Facebook group
- Select “Attending” to the Facebook events – this helps Facebooks search algorithms help other Facebook users find our group/events.
- Share the Facebook group and events to your News Feed/other Facebook groups/friends and family on Facebook.
- Hand out flyers to local business/post them on noticeboards – you will find a bunch of flyers at our events and at Castlemaine Office Supplies that you’re most welcome to take as many as you like to share them around.